Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

BirdCam Adventures 4

Yep, it's time again for a new BirdCam adventure series. This time I've picked a few of my favorite BirdCam shots from the peanut feeder. I like to call this series of photos "Peek-a-boo" (you'll se why in just a second). I hope you find these photos as cute and comical as I did.

BirdCam Adventure 4 comes just in time to submit to Bird Photography Weekly. Go there to see other great bird photography!

The following is the line-up of some of my curious and camera shy birds.

First up is the curious little Carolina Chickadee.CChickadee 

Here we have a White-Breasted Nuthatch.WBNuthatch2 

Here's a shy little Tufted Titmouse.TTitmouse2

A curious House Finch.HFinch

A very shy Red-Bellied Woodpecker.RBWoodpecker

Here's a curious female Red-Bellied Woodpecker.RBWoodpecker2

Another shy red-belly...I think I could have done a whole series on the red-bellies.RBWoodpecker3

Lastly, we have a American Goldfinch peaking from around the feeder.GFinch

This concludes another BirdCam adventure series. Have a great week everyone!

 

 

10 comments:

Kelly said...

...funny! I love those faces--made me laugh (especially the House Finch and Red-bellied)!

Lee said...

What Great Shots!

Chandramouli S said...

I love your Birdcam Adventures Series, Alan. all the birds have funny and cute faces and woodpecker made me laugh literally. Sweet!

Amy said...

Love the peekaboo shots! I had a similar post a few months ago (http://www.magnificentfrigatebird.com/blog/peekaboo-goldfinches/). It's like they are avoiding the camera on purpose!

Bob Kaufman said...

These are funny, Alan! It's nice that you were able to capture different species of birds doing practically the same thing. Good job!

mick said...

'Peek-a-boo' is a very good title. I enjoyed them all.

Neil said...

Looks like your feeder is popular.

Stephanie said...

Hi Alan, those picks are great, very cute! I have one of a cardinal peeking from around my tree, we were looking at each other with the same "whatcha doin" expression. & thank you for the link about the hawks, very helpful...I'll know what to look for next time. Hope you get your Grosbeak soon! Have a great weekend.

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Fun post Alan. You're in my Zen Nature Lessons post for this month.
http://wildbirdsunlimited.typepad.com/the_zen_birdfeeder/2009/05/zen.html
Nice job.

Dawn Fine said...

That was a great fun post! The house finch cracked me up...so curious.